Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The world is not flat.

And I have not fallen off the edge.  Promise. :)


It's been since before Christmas that I last updated my blog, and I know many of you have been waiting for me to reappear.  So here I am!


Christmas and January were very busy for me with flights all over the country in all kinds of weather.  Thankfully, I got out of New York just a few days before the massive Boxing Day Blizzard, as it is now called.  I went from New York to Phoenix to Seattle to Phoenix to Kona (Hawaii) to Phoenix and back to New York.  And all in just one month.  That's a lot of time spent at 33,000 feet, folks!  If you're friends with me on Facebook, you can check out all the photos here.  


The newest development here on the home front is that I'm now apartment shopping.  One of my best (and oldest) friends in the world just moved to New York, and we're looking for an apartment together.  The family I work for is selling their apartment--and, consequently, my studio apartment--and will close the deal on May 1.  So Laura and I are on the hunt for a place either here in Manhattan or in Brooklyn.  Ideally, we'd love to be out of here and into our new place by the middle of next month.  Prayers and advice and good vibes are much appreciated! :)



With a big move on our horizon, I have been grateful--albeit exhausted--for lots of work hours.  Last week, especially, was mostly work and sleep for me.  But it's good for the bank account!  In the world of all things theatre, not much has happened in the last few months.  The industry really slows down during the winter, and things are just starting to pick up.  I've been to a few auditions and seen for a couple, but so far, there's nothing major to report.


Another exciting bit of life has to do with my new church home.  I started going to City Grace in September, and I love it there.  I adore the good and beautiful music the worship team puts together each week, the people are terrific, the preaching is solid and engaging--both spiritually and intellectually--and I have really begun to feel at home there, especially in the last few weeks.  One of my pastors, Pete, invited me to join a small group reading through The Good and Beautiful Life by James Bryan Smith.  I love it, and meeting with the group has not only helped me connect better and deeper with new friends from church, it has helped me to ponder the week's sermon all week long.  We're reading the book in conjunction with the sermon series on The Sermon on the Mount, and for the first time, what I hear on Sunday morning stays fresh on my heart long past Sunday night.  So thanks to Pete and Ben and Steve for making it all happen.  You guys rock. :) 


I'll try to post some photos to this blog later, but right now my internet is acting up, and things are super slow. So check back soon! :) 


Thanks for reading, everyone.  Happy (belated) Valentine's Day.  Love you lots. :)







1 comment:

  1. hi mollie, i love reading your blog, i have really missed it. i follow you on facebook and love your adventures. i write on facebook occasionally, but never fear i love you and i am alway here awaiting your next journey in life.love aunt kim

    ReplyDelete